Saturday, October 5, 2013

THE CHAIR

I am available!
And because I am so low to the ground, I especially love small children and animals to sit on me.
I am light ivory all over so I love to have colorful pillows and colorful things on me.
I am padded all over so if I am shifted or bump into the wall, I am fine.
I am available!
And I am easy to clean.

 
 
This is a wonderful activity to get yourself thinking about the issues of someone/something else.  The way you look at the "other" takes you into a ''never land' of sorts. This exercise was more playful for me. However, "when drama is used therapeutically [for teenagers], adolescents are provided with the opportunity to journey inward and project outward" (Gallo-Lopez, 2005, p. 83).  Teens can get overwhelmed by difficult changes in their lives, feeling out of control, leading to negative behaviors. Drama therapy can put them in a situation where they can make choices and be in control. Drama therapy can allow them to "explore problems, discover solutions, and have the freedom to experiment with feelings" Emunah, 2005, p. 114).
 
 
References
Gallo-Lopez, L. (2005). Drama therapy with adolescents. Play therapy with adolescents, 81-95.
Emunah, R. (2005). Drama therapy and adolescent resistance. Clinical applications of drama therapy in child and adolescent treatment, 107-120.



No comments:

Post a Comment