Monday, November 11, 2013

I Am Over It

This past two weeks I have been working through what I would need for music repertoire to use in the upcoming Practicum. Though I-Pads are nice, I do not yet own one. Therefore, I wanted to create a notebook with music to use and share with others in health care settings. I went and bought supplies and had the best time cutting shapes out and making a design for not only one, but two notebooks for music repertoire. I used spray glue to put them together and then put them each in a plastic sleeve, taping that to the front of the notebooks. This way I can always make new designs if I want to do so.


I did base the design ideas on a neat design I had found on a kid-style spiral bound notebook. One is more abstract and one is oriental in flavor. But the surprising element was this: earlier this fall when I was faced with doing an art project I as very awkward; I felt very insecure as I attempted painting or drawing or doing anything of this nature. However, for these notebook designs, I just threw myself into it and - Voila - the designs got made and I am pretty happy with them.


The first repertoire I have assembled has been that of World War II era American songs. It has been particularly appropriate with Veteran's Day now upon us. I look forward to seeing some number of patients in the age bracket that were alive during World War II next year while in our area health care settings. I want to be prepared with music they know and love.

Please view the video where I exhibit the notebooks and sing you a song. 







No comments:

Post a Comment