Thursday, June 26, 2014

To humanize: to hum – in eyes


For my final creative practice, I hummed in the fashion that I did at the first time. I hummed in my lowest, middle, and higher range of the voice for a period of twenty minutes. This time, I also wrote a poem as I did the humming.  

To humanize:  to hum – in eyes

When I hum in the lowest part of my range,
                I can feel the vibration in my eyes.
When I hum in the lowest part of my range,
                I can feel my heart giggling.
When I hum in the lowest part of my range, 
                my chest wishes that I could exhale for a long, long time.


When I hum in the middle part of my range,
                I can feel the vibration in my eyes
        if I think about putting the vibration there.
When I hum in the middle part of my range,
                I can feel the vibration in my face.
When I hum in the middle part of my range,
                and feel the vibration in my eyes
        it’s as though I am speaking to a child.


When I hum in the higher part of my range,
               I can only feel the slightest vibration in my eyes
       if I really think hard to do it.
When I hum in the higher part of my range,
               I can hear a new sound like glass ringing.
When I hum in the higher part of my range,
              and feel the vibration in my eyes,

      I feel like an ET with no mouth.



I created a Dream Purpose last summer that went like this:

Dream Purpose

          I will use my happiness, helpfulness, and passion through my playful nurturing and singing to plant seeds in others so that they may find the creative process in themselves and experience the shift in consciousness to wholeness.

By the end of the Graduate Certificate degree I have created a new Arts-in-Medicine program, Singmewell.

SINGMEWELL

Sing Me Well is a non-profit arts intervention program that uses vocal music, 
as an assist to traditional medical treatments, 
to humanize the healthcare setting and promote whole person health. 

For all the miles that have been traveled in this course of study, I have kept a north star; I have not really re-invented myself but just driven the fog away. I was not as lost as I thought. 

There is something very reassuring about humming, and there is something very reassuring about having found this area of study and practice. It has taken intentional doing, but it has also made my heart giggle. 





No comments:

Post a Comment