Monday, September 23, 2013

Self-Portrait Collage

This self-portrait represents many aspects that are observable to me about myself. It includes yielding bounty. This is represented mostly by the water which has its own attractiveness, beauty, and strength of purpose. After a hard travel down stream, the water plunges full steam ahead over the cliff, free-falling down the river bed, and then settles calmly and lazily at the bottom. In another view, one can see the sun shining through the water, and another with sailboats and roses. Other pictures represent the roles I play: mother, provider, counselor, dancer, tennis player, and sat-upon. One of the stronger images represents the success I have had and my sense that this has not always pleased others. Though I think my purpose is clear, am I kidding myself?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This activity might also serve to unlock some of the ambivalent feelings pregnant teenagers might have. As a second artistic discipline, it would be lovely to add poetry writing. To invite their participation, I would do it with them and hope to model exposing conflicting sides of one's personality in the mix. Doubt is OK!


No comments:

Post a Comment